10.06.2011

A New Toy and Guest Post Opportunities! Fun and Fun!!!

Ah!!! I don't even know where to begin. Excited. Nervous. Intimidated. Relieved. If you follow me via Twitter, you may know by now that I got a new-used camera!
Yay!!!



Here's the proof!!!
(Unfortunately for you, this was a seriously non-glamour day!) :-)
Oh well, cuz I got a camera ladies and gentlemen. Woohoo!!!!!
In case you're wondering, this was TOTALLY a Craigslist purchase. Oh yes.
The guy (super-nice btw) upgraded and his wife didn't want it. Um...thank you!
I was hoping to get at least a Canon T1i, but I settled on this one,
which is a Rebel XT.
Here was guts of the ad:

For Sale: Canon Rebel XT Digital SLR. Package comes with the following:
Camera Body
Canon EF-S 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 zoom lens with B+W UV filter
Canon EF 75-300 1:4-5.6 zoom lens with Sunpack UV filter
Sunpack Circular Polarizer (Fits both lenses)
(2) Batteries with charger
IR remote control shutter release
SanDisk Ultra II 512MB CompactFlash card

All for $350

With the advice of my amazing photographer sister, I thought that was worth it.
The guy even met me just up the road, which definitely beats driving over two or more counties!

The only real problem is that the manual he had is in Spanish...ummmmmmmmm.......that won't help me much. Lol. Oh well - sister dates, and A LOT of them! This is getting better by the minute.

I want all of my readers to know that I am committed to improve not only the quality of my products and services, but of course in how they are presented. The power of photography is definitely no secret! Of course this won't happen overnight, but don't worry...it will happen.



Which brings me to an opportunity for some of my bloggy friends!

Next week I will be heading out of town on our annual family
hunting/camping trip. It's a BIG trip. Like two weeks.
A lot of camera practice time. ;-)
But no. It's not real camping. Trailers, motorhomes,
good food, good friends, and the occasional trip into town for a mocha. :-)
But I will be totally out of blogging, e.mail, twitter, facebook, phone,
ok - you get the picture.

I'd love to have some of my followers guest post while I'm away!
If you would like to help me out and get your name out there,
get a hold of me ASAP!


Is it really Thursday already??? Sheesh...the week's flying by!


~Anneke~

4 comments:

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Score! What a great camera! Have fun with it! And if you still need someone to do a post I can help you out. :) Let me know!

Unknown said...

So jealous of your camera!

Anneke at This, That and Life said...

Thanks Julia! I'd LOVE to have you!!! :-)

Hyphen Interiors said...

Congrats on your camera! Great deal. It may be a gray market camera and that is why the manual is in Spanish, but no big deal if it is... At least your sister can help you figure it out.