2.26.2012

French Television Armoire by Ethan Allen

It's not every day that I get to work with
such a high quality, just amazing piece of furniture.
It can make you super nervous actually!
But, I am SO excited about the way this
beautiful Ethan Allen Television Armoire turned out!

I'm naming it...



"Danielle"



This is no antique either. It's a 1997 model.
This means high quality hardware and function, which
you will see shortly.



 

It only had 3 out of 4 of the original knobs,
so two went on the outside, and two other similar
knobs I had went on the inside drawer.














The piece is refinished with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
in a mixture of Old White and French Linen,
with French Linen on the top and
sealed with Polycrylic.





Ok....unedited photos from here on out!
I have some kiddos to take care of!!! ;-)

Again, this piece has AMAZING hardware!
The doors open out like this, and
then they slide smoothly back into the cabinet.

 


 
Because of all the moving parts, I chose not to deal with
disassembling and painting the interior.



Here you can see the top quality sliding
hardware
for the doors.





The interior shelf slides in and out. The picture above shows
the maximum amount it slides out...it's just a little bit.




Here you see the alternative knobs and interior drawer.




Look at the solid wood quality and dividers!
The keys are taped to the bottom right section.



Or if you prefer, you can easily remove the wood dividers. :-)
Nice, huh?!




It gets better!



It has three integrated outlet plugs and a coaxial cable.







"Danielle"


$795 cash
Dimensions are: 36.5" wide x 22" deep x 50.5" high

Contact me for arrangements.




~~~~~~~~~~


BEFORE:
It wasn't in terrible shapes, but had scratches
and some fading on the wood...





Thanks for stopping by today!


~Anneke~


I'd love to have to follow along on
any or all of the following!

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

LOOOVE it! i am looking for a big piece like this for my bedroom- so green right now! ;)

Stacey said...

WOW! Looks great...I love it. You never cease to amaze me. Come link this up Thursday if you would at my party - would love to have you again!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Dee said...

Love it! I can see why you would be nervous with this piece. It was beautiful to start. Nice job, Dee

Amanda said...

Beautiful transformation! I just love the color...and have not seen that combo with ASCP before! I've pinned this to my "Paint it Annie" inspiration board! Thanks so much for sharing!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Stephanie@New Again said...

This is just beautiful! Check out my page. I have passed along the Liebster blog award to you : ) Stephanie

DIYbyDesign said...

Ooh...love this piece too.