9.19.2011

French Writing Desk

Here it is! The French Writing Desk made beachy and breezy....



I am SO in love!




I used a layed brush technique on top.
ASCP in Old White alternating with a custom stain/glaze mix.




There's actually a little ASCP Duck Egg Blue under that thick middle part!
It wasn't looking how I'd hoped, so it stayed white. :-)




Some light distressing all around.




The original hardware worked nicely.




The desk tray was left untouched. This tray is AMAZING!




That's a little removeable pen/pencil holder toward the front.




It clips very securely into place.





Remember the before.....






The before wasn't bad, but I love the lighter look on the piece.
Here's my attempt at staging. :-)




SOLD

Dimensions are 58" long x 30" wide x 30"

Contact me for arrangements.




~~~~~~~



On another note, here is the decoration me and the girls put together.
Simple, easy, fast.
Just leaves, my fall decor pinecones, and some sticks. :-)





I stenciled the coasters awhile back for my sister's bridal shower.
I need to make some more!!!




Haha! Not picture perfect, but a memory made.
The oldest call it the Stone Arch
from Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure....of course! Love that girl. :-D




I'm also working on reviving this sad chair.
It was from my Aunt to try and work a miracle.
It needed one too - it's a very strange randomly pieced chair.
I think it will look pretty cute when I'm done, even though still a bit rustic. ;-)



I hope your week is off to a great start!
If you get a chance, head over to Hyphen Interiors
where Kristy is featuring all of the projects that have used
her painted chair tutorial - including my Painted Pink Chair.
I LOVE Kristy's blog - so talented! Check it out.



See you tomorrow for Quick Tip Tuesday!


~Anneke~


























The DIY Show Off

9 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

WOW, girl! I am very impressed by your furniture SKILLZ! I always love to see a good piece of furniture get a new life (c: That desk is so gorgeous, it definitely deserved the make over! Glad you stopped by so I could find you, looking forward to more furniture adventures!

Unknown said...

Anneke! Girl, this desk looks fantastic! Beachy/Costal was the way to go for sure. Great job!

Anneke at This, That and Life said...

Thanks ladies! This was a fun, and pretty quick redo. I hope the future owners fall in love! :-)

Decor & Harmony said...

I love your painting technique, I will have to give it a try. I love the depth that you were able to achieve with the paint. I've been to chicken to try any other paint or stain with the ASCP I didn't want to ruin it but "no guts no glory." Your staging looks good to!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks amazing! love the finish- it is so soft and pretty, almost swedish looking t o me!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Beautifully done! She has such wonderful lines. Found you via Primitive and Proper. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/few-finished-projects.html

6th Grade said...

i love that you combined solid and whitewash... and quite successfully! beautiful piece! you have a great design eye!

amy

Tammy said...

It looks lovely. As far as you losing pics, would you happen to be using Photobucket or something like that. I use that and when I deleted a pic off of photobucket, it deleted it off of my blog.--Just a thought. :0)

Amber and Brad said...

Great job! I like it better too now that it is lighter. What a fun custom mix you created!

Would love to have you stop by and share at my weekly Chalk Paint Link Party if you get a chance.

www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com