9.12.2011

Creamy White Round Pedestal Table with Stained Top

SOLD

I wish I had more time and more muscle to move, stage,
and snap photos of my pieces,
but at this time I just work with what I have!

Here is a beautiful solid wood round dining table.
I see A LOT of round dining tables, but what got me on this one
was the base. It has such GREAT lines!




The top is stained with a mix of Minwax Dark Walnut and Jacobean,
then sealed with High Gloss Wipe-On Poly.



The base was originally finished with Graphite ASCP - did.not.love. :-(
Refinished with Old White, distressed, and waxed.









$295
Contact me for arrangments.

Dimensions are 42" diameter with a 14" leaf.

This is a solid wood piece of furniture with
a French Country style finish.


And........the BEFORE:


The top




The base in graphite - it just wasn't black enough for me.





I love the AFTER!




I hope your week is off to a GREAT start -
our first day of preschool went SO well!


~Anneke~
























Transformation Thursday

7 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh my gosh i LOOOOOVE that table!!! the shape of that base is fantastic and the finish is beautiful!

Anneke at This, That and Life said...

Thank you Cassie! The gal who bought this fell in love with the base too! It's the whole reason I got it. :-) I'm definitely keeping my eye out for more tables like this!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love it!!!! It's just beautiful!! Would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Shannon Fox said...

I can see why it got gobbled up so quickly. Cute, cute, cute!

Pastila said...

Gorgeous table!

Deborah March said...

Oh my GOODNESS...how BEAUTIFULLY done!!

Anonymous said...

Like it.

I just bought a similar table (though less unique in the pedestal department) and chairs, and hit it them AS Graphite. Like you, I thought, "Hmmm, not quite black enough." I'm going to add the dark wax and see if that gets me there, but if not, your color scheme here looks like a great option. Thanks for the idea.