2.15.2012

Antique Dresser - "Jackson"

I'm SO excited about this dresser I just
finished up. I always have an idea of what
I want to do when I buy a piece of furniture, and
this one was going to be painted.
But when I saw this wood after sanding a bit,
I HAD to change my plans because it is SO pretty!

I've decided to name this piece

"Jackson"







BEFORE




Big difference, huh?!




AFTER



















$295 cash

Dimensions are: 42" long x 21" deep x 36" high

(mirror is available, but unfinished)




~~~~~~~~~~

For my other friends who refinish or those who are curious:

Blue is Laura Ashley Home (latex) in Powder Blue 6 Satin
sealed with Annie Sloan Clear Wax

Top is natural wood sealed with 2 coats of Tung Oil

Drawers are natural wood with two coats of
whitewash application in Annie Sloan French Linen
sealed with Annie Sloan Clear Wax

Knobs and Pulls were in stock at Lowe's




Just a quick reminder, I'm SO close to 500 fans on Facebook
and have promised a giveaway to all of you when we get there.
I've been in contact with some awesome people
to bring you something special!
If you haven't joined yet, I'd love to have you
follow along!



I hope you're having a GREAT week!


~Anneke :-)




















6 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

gasp. so beautiful. amazing post, love. if you get a sec I have a fabulous giveaway valued at $634.50 that I'd love for you to enter. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh i LOVE this one! the whitewashed effect is beautiful on the drawers!

Jacqueline said...

I love love this dresser!

Stacey said...

I adore Jackson! He is quite the looker! I love your work and have been following you on your blog as well as Facebook! I would LOVE if you would stop over and link this up as I am hosting my first party! I think there is a day left to link. I will have parties weekly on Thurdays so please come back again - I would love to have you!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

LOve this so much I had to feature it! I love everything you do actually and am becoming a big fan! Stop over to grab a fetured button! And please come back Thursday to link up again!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this dresser! It would look fabulous in one of my boy's rooms!