1.21.2012

A few things...

Well, I've obviously been a little MIA lately, but plenty busy. :-) We're just coming out of a big snow "storm", and I'm not sure I've ever been so happy to see rain! I have not been out and about since Monday...seriously. With three kids in the house - hello???!!!!!  Here's what we've been up to (and sorry...not editing photos tonight):


Obviously...it's been snowing!
Say hello to McConnell's Mukilteo Snowman!!! :-)



It didn't snow once last year (that I can remember), 
and the last time it snowed more than a couple inches 
was a few years ago!



Annabelle was out of school ALL week! We're talking
no school, gym class, mommy groups, play dates. :-/

Have you SEEN our driveway??? 9 out of 10 people
HATE
just walking up our driveway,
let alone driving.

Anyway..I digress.
I am thankful for my home!





And this guy. ;-)





Soooo, I was bored and decided to switch it up in our house.
Sometimes this can be bad, but we couldn't be happier with our decision
to change our office....




into play room!


It's on the main floor right next to the powder room,
kitchen, and living room.
Then our son is moved into the former play room
and the office is now in his former bedroom.
That was A LOT of hauling up and down stairs!



Another day while daddy was gone I cut up some
muslin fabric and let the girls use mommy's
big girl brushes
(OH THE EXCITEMENT!!!)
to paint whatever they wanted.
Just acrylic paints.


I cut and screwed together some 1 x 2 boards, wrapped the fabric around,
and stapled it with my new compressor and staple gun from the hubby


So we have.....



Lauryn's






Mine





Annabelle's
(The freaky eye!)






Michael's
(with mommy's help)





He just wanted to do this....


He had a little brush and kept painting little stripes on his arms and saying,
"I a tiger mama, I a tiger!"

Cute??? YES! Love that kid!!!
(Yes...I was freaking out not wanting the
paint to get on the chairs!)


Ok...as for work  fun:


I pretty much have 3 pieces done and waiting for hardware
and photo shoots



1. One of them is this piece.



Here's a sneak peak:



2. Another piece ready is an expandable table with a coastal finish.

3. The last piece is that pretty armoire that's been
"In The Works" up on the above right of the blog page.
Yeah!


ALMOST DONE!!!

I found this table at ROSS for $80 when shopping for my sister's studio
(pictures coming, I PROMISE!!!)
and keep wondering if I should just return it 
(because she didn't use it)
or PAINT IT????


What's your vote? 




Ok..there you have it in a nutshell!

Just a head's up, I am active on the Facebook page nearly every day
as well as Twitter and Pinterest. I love blogging, but have found Facebook
to be a more practical way for me to interact with others!

Please consider liking any of these pages, however
when I reach 500 Facebook fans I will do a 
giveaway. Why???
Because I LIKE you too!!! :-)



Thanks for stopping in today!

~Talk to you soon~


Anneke 


2 comments:

Michaela said...

How fun! That's a great thing to do in snow- paint! I wanted to, but didn't have a canvas handy! Love the new little playroom :)

Dee said...

Your aqua french bench is my favorite. Can't wait to see what you've done with this next one. You do beautiful work. Dee