5.12.2012

I've Got A BIG, FAT BOOK Here Today!!! Here's What's Changing!

Wow! Sometimes change comes about in our lives in different ways and at different times that are a bit unexpected. Sounds pretty familiar if you're human, right? Well this has definitely been the case for me and our family in the past few months!  As for RustiChic, don't worry, it's not going away...but it is changing.

As I touched on this a bit here, I've really been contemplating on my past year of blogging and everything it has entailed (remember??? I was totally clueless). It's never really formed into something that felt true to myself as I have many passions and interests which I often wanted to share and discuss with you, buuuut didn't feel this was the place to do that...a furniture/design kind of blog, you know? I'm actually even admitting to you to telling my husband (don't hate me!), "I seriously think I'd bang my head against a wall if this was all I ever wrote about...I'd leave it in a heartbeat."


BUT HOLY COW!!!
I GOT A SERIOUS BLOGGING BUG AND I LOVE IT!!!!!


I love the people and community, the inspiration, the encouragement, all of the education/teaching ~ it's unique and like nothing else, truly.

SO, I've felt conflicted and trying to resolve this "dilemma" of mine. Are you still with me???

I sure hope you'll stick around, because NOW, I am SUPER excited, and I don't think about banging my head against a wall. ;-)


I love design & I love building and refinishing furniture, but beyond that I have greater passions.... Most of them revolve around relationships and lifestyle choices concerning health/fitness, family, and parenting. I'm a musician, an advocate for those who can't speak for themselves, and a pretty serious food and fashion fanatic. How would I balance all of these I thought??? It sounds like a big explosion of confusion. Hmmm....

Well, the answer is = I don't have all the answers,
and I'm ok with that.
I hope you are too! :-)



So here's the scoop!


I'm very excited to be working with Kimberly of My Whole Heart Design to create a new blog page which will incorporate RustiChic furniture and designs.  The new name of the blog will be:




and will mostly cover Interior Design, RustiChic furniture, DIY, Home, Family, and a bit of Health!
(Oh! And the occasional food and fashion post and highlighted opportunities for outreach) ;-)
I've set up a Facebook page to start the transition and would love
to have you "Like" the page and stay in the loop.
This is definitely a Community-based page!


I'm still working out all the details of everything,
but ultimately deciding I don't have to have it all figured out.
Things have a way of working out in their perfect time.


~~~~~


So after ALL that, can you believe I'm actually ditching you???
No...for real.
The hubby and I are headed to Maui to celebrate our 10-year Anniversary!!!

YAY!!!
(It's really June 29th, but hey!)


We're outta here, Kimberly's working on the page,
and I'm in constant design mode for The Beach House.
It's full force on that project so it's ready for summer.

I can't wait for you to see AFTERS!!!

We made our first big purchase ~ Did you see it on Facebook?!!!
I'd love your input on my question about final Craigslist negotiating savings.
"Huh?" you say??? Go check it out!!! ;-)
And remember my obsession with pillows???
Here's today's shopping finds:





Anyway, I know I wrote what seems like a big.fat.book on here today so
 if you made is this far - thank you - you're awesome.

Have a great weekend
&
Happy Mother's Day!!!



~Anneke







1 comment:

the modern cottage said...

Sooo happy for you! I can't wait to follow your journey and I love pillows too :)