5.25.2012

Beach House Update and Armoire Sneak Peek

***We're in transition ~ headed to www.thisthatandlife.com.
Stay up to date by following along on Facebook!
Same stuff...different place. ;-)



Well, it's been a busy week getting things going
on the renovation and interior design of The Beach House.
Hooray!

Here is the upper bathroom started.
Taking out the bath and weird gold shower really
opened up the space and you felt like you could
actually breath...the before was
b.a.d!



I finally went went through my 1 inch stack of color chips
and have settled on these colors through Benjamin Moore.
You may have seen on Facebook that I painted the
sample colors on cardboard so that I could move them around
in different lighting and shadows, etc.

It really made a HUGE difference and actually
 saved a ton of time.
Not to mention "color blocks" that could show
through the end result!









On another note, I was beyond excited when these green
chairs came back in stock on Overstock.com, so
I snatched up two for the family room and they arrived
within a few days - the fabric and quality is just awesome.
They make me smile. :-)





Last but not least, today was GORGEOUS, and I
have been missing painting and working on furniture pieces
surprisingly A LOT! You know the
"In The Works"
that's been at the top left of my blog page?

Well...here's a sneak peek!
My awesome facebook fans helped
me out in deciding between
mirrors and chalkboard paint.


Look what won. :-)





I hope you have a wonderful
Memorial Day
weekend,
remembering and honoring those
who have fought and died for our country
and our freedom.

"Memorial Day used to be a solemn day of mourning, a sacred day of remembrance to honor those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. Businesses closed for the day. Towns held parades honoring the fallen, the parade routes often times ending at a local cemetery, where Memorial Day speeches were given and prayers offered up. People took the time that day to clean and decorate with flowers and flags the graves of those the fell in service to their country."

God Bless,


~Anneke

 

No comments: