5.19.2011

Beachy/Coastal Coffee Table

Back from a GREAT week of family fishing in Eastern WA - Annabelle (my 5 year old) had the lucky Barbie pole and caught the most out of anyone I believe...that's my girl!!  Well I couldn't wait to get this piece posted.

I love, love, LOVE when I find local pieces for sale...the idea of supporting your local community is very gratifying. :-)  And Mukilteo is just where I found this beauty.




I thought this piece was so unique and pretty. It just needed some serious cleaning and a little make-over.  I often get impatient when I'm excited, and since I didn't have any of my creamy white in stock (since that's what was in my mind to use) I just raided the shelves to see what I had to work with. Consequently...this thing morphed from one day to the next, and actually was a little on the risky side for me at this point in my little hobby. :-)  I love how it turned out!

Here is the after....



It ended up having a bit of a coastal beach type look to it. I almost wanted to sprinkle sand and toss sea shells over the top while I sipped an icy drink and read my coastal magazine.  This piece also fits my chosen name perfectly with the rustic distressed look and chic scrolly legs - PERFECT!!! Rustic&Chic





So...here's the details. The basic prep of clean, sand, prime. Then a couple coats of Glossy White Spray Paint, a mix of oops paints to make a Light Sea Green color that was brushed on, then distress, distress, and more distress (this pieces has A LOT of edges!), light mocha glaze, and sealed in semi-gloss polycrylic.






 Makes me wish I had a cute little beach house to put it in.  Maybe you do? Haha! I'm surprised at how many pieces I don't want to sell, just wishing I actually had room for them!



Have a great week and enjoy the sunshine!

~Anneke :-)

1 comment:

Brooke Mallory said...

Wow! This is beautiful. I love, love, love! Just wish I lived in a place big enough for a table :)